Welcome to Firearm Wiki: The Ultimate Internet Gun Encyclopedia!
We're so glad you made it here!
What is Firearm Wiki? Why did we create it?:
We've started this website with the goal of shaping into the authoritative source on all things guns, whether it be common knowledge, or hidden and obscure. We were simply dissatisfied with a number of other knowledge bases on the subject of firearms and decided that we would attempt to do better. To be better.
This task will be no small undertaking, but rather a community effort by gun enthusiasts from around the world! That is why to reach our goal, it will require outside contributions from the community. Find our information on a subject lacking? You can contribute and edit pages too! If you have any more obscure firearms without many information sources on the web, we'll need you to fill in that information with us! Thank you so much for using and contributing to this knowledge base. I know that in time, it will truly be something special.
Want to Contribute?:
It's easy! If you find a page that exists but is incomplete, search for it / navigate to it as normal, then click "edit" on the top right-hand side. Make your changes, await moderation, and you're done! Congratulations, you've contributed to Firearm Wiki!
If you want to create a page that doesn't yet exist, the easiest way is to simply search for the term in the search bar on the top right of the site. When the term returns no result for a page with that name, you'll have the option to "create that page". Now, you can freely edit it as above!
Tips For Contributing:
Remember, always cite your source if you're able to! While this isn't always possible to do, especially if there exists little other information to cross-reference, we do aim to be extremely authoritative, so every citation helps to add usefulness and credibility to the Firearm Wiki website. Also, remember to add pictures, and even perhaps embed videos and so on, in order to spice up pages, if possible!
You'll also find for example, that some guns have a ton of variants within a similar model number or something those lines. As one example: Suppose we're talking about the M16 Rifle (U.S. military designation). An individual page for the M16, M16A1, M16A2 and so on, are not needed, but are fine to add if you so choose. They can all be placed on one overall page under "M16 Rifle", and each of those variants would exist as a subheading, but the choice is yours.
Help Support FirearmWiki
We have a number of ways you can help to support FirearmWiki, including various affiliates. If you're already in the market for products below, it would help tremendously if you'd consider using our links to buy! They'll give us a commission at zero extra cost to you! Thanks so much for your support!
- Palmetto State Armory - A major retailer for everything gun-related. Firearms, ammo in all major calibers, and unbeatable deals on AR-15 kits & pre-builts.
- True Shot Gun Club - An online retailer that specializes in bulk ammunition in all major calibers, including 9mm, 5.56mm, 7.62x39, 12 gauge and many more.
- Brownells - Founded in 1939, Brownells is a one-stop shop for all things firearms, ammunition, reloading & gunsmithing supplies, and more.
- GritrSports - A growing retailer who carries all kinds of firearms, ammunition, and various gear and accesories.
- GunMag Warehouse - Specializing primarily in firearm magazines, ammo in all major calibers, as well as accessories & more!
- Spartan Armor Systems - One of the leading manufacturers of various body armor, as well as steel shooting targets.
- Black Ovis - Specializes primarily in hunting gear and various hunting supplies, including archery, camping etc.
- Aero Precision - A major maanufacturer of AR-15's, offered in a variety of calibers.
- Stag Arms - A manufacturer of AR-15 type firearms, available in various major calibers.
- Airgun Depot - A major source for all things airguns & accessories, including ammo, CO2 cartridges, optics, targets & more.